Tuesday 9 July 2013

I've been shortlisted in the Cosmo Blog Awards 2013!


nominate me
Exciiiiiiting!
When I saw the Cosmo Blog Awards shortlist had been announced yesterday, I excitedly clicked the link, hoping to see some of my fave blogs up there. Never in a million years did I expect to see my own little blog on the shortlist. In fact, I had to click on "Handbags and Cupcakes" to check that it was indeed my blog and not another with the same name. I'm up for Best Lifestyle. Wow.


A day later and I still can't believe I've been shortlisted, particularly seeing as there were over 43,000 entries and so many great blogs out there. THIS IS CRAY CRAY! It's extremely humbling, and I'm so honoured to be listed alongside so many amazing blogs (including a fair few of my faves!) It's damn right nuts, quite frankly. But y'all know how much I love anything and everything nutty.

I want to say a HUMOUNGOUS thank you to everyone who nominated me - it means the world. I really do put a lot of effort into my blog, and it's so important to me, so this is a massive boost.

Here's a somewhat unflattering picture of me being REALLY EXCITED AND HAPPY. 
The Cosmo Blog Awards is such a great platform for bloggers. Whether you vote for anyone or not, I suggest you take a look at the list - I've already discovered a few new faves from it.

What's more, I'm going to get to go to the awards ceremony in London which is SO exciting. It'll be amazing to meet all the other fabulous bloggers and the Cosmo ladies. I'll have to fly home from Germany, but it'll be so worth it. Not only will this be my first awards ceremony but I'm also up for one of the awards?! Mind = blown.

I really am gobsmacked at making the shortlist (can you tell?), and I know I don't have a hope in the world of winning (especially considering the competition!), but if you would like to vote for me I'd be eternally grateful. I promise to keep trying my best to improve and develop my blog :)


You have to click through all the pages until you get to "Best Lifestyle" (page 5), click the little circle next to Handbags and Cupcakes, and then click "Next Page" a few more times until you get to the final page where you submit your votes. All you do is put in your name and email address and that's it! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Update: If you're having trouble and for some reason you can't get to the submit page or the "next page" button disappears, apparently you have to delete your cookies and that should do the trick. Do let me know if you have any other problems!

Oh, and should you feel inclined to share your thoughts/feelings/voting antics with the world, the twitter hashtag is #CosmoBlogAwards.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Congrats Rachel, so chuffed for you!!! Scary that I remember when you first started... Keep it going, I'm still reading after all this time! :)
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Emily, that's so sweet of you and really means a lot. I'm also a big fan of your blog by the way - if I've never said that to you that's very remiss of me, sorry!
      Thanks again and yay for blogging :) X

      Delete
    2. Well constantly reading yours gave me the courage to put two fingers up to my doubts and finally start it up!
      Bloggers got to stick together after all :)
      xx

      Delete
    3. Well that's very flattering indeed. Yeah we do! X

      Delete
  2. I saw it. VERY cool. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig